Platinum Essential Resources UCITS Fund is designed to profit from the increasing global demand for essential natural resources. The Fund seeks to achieve long term capital growth through a diversified portfolio of securities of companies around the globe that own or are active in the exploration, development, production, processing, transportation and distribution of natural resources or provide services to the natural resources sectors.
- Tactical exposure to a range of leading global companies in the essential resources sector, including: energy and power, metals and mining, agriculture, materials, infrastructure & related services
- Diversification by region and resource with company specific risk control
- Active portfolio management and value-oriented investment philosophy emphasizes capital discipline and through-cycle returns
- Stringent risk controls within the UCITS IV compliant framework
Why Essential Resources?
- Global economic growth and urbanisation
– Global economy is expected to grow by 3% annually over the next half century(1)
– Emerging markets will exceed OECD share of global GDP by 2030 – including China’s leap from 17% to 28% of global GDP(2)
- Supply/demand imbalance creates strong movements in underlying commodity prices flowing directly to valuation
- Irregular capital allocation and sporadic cycles offer compelling investment opportunities
- Long-term, sustained trends interplay with secondary supply/demand cycles
– Short cycles heighten volatility
– Price feedback loops contribute directly to future production